For qualified candidates, Teach for Change provides the opportunity to work as a long-term teacher at one of our partner schools.
About our professional teaching program
Teach for Change partners with schools in multiple provinces, to which we send international volunteers and professional teachers to teach English; teachers must be university graduates with TEFL or equivalent ESL teaching certificates. The professional teaching program is convenient for fresh graduates who want to gain genuine teaching experience, international perspective and knowledge, and good references for career development back home.
- Must be older than 22 and younger than 55
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any major
- Must not have been convicted for a crime
- Must have no actual record of contagious or serious diseases
- Must hold a 120-hour TEFL certificate (it is possible to start an online TEFL course after applying for us and confirming your position as a teacher)
- Must be able to teach for at least 1 year, beginning at the start of the Vietnamese school year in September
- Work permit provided by the school;
- $1,000 – 1,500 monthly salary (depending on experience and degrees);
- $800 – 1,000 Bonus once you complete 1 year of teaching (depending on the school);
- Free accommodation and/or housing allowance;
- Exploring the opportunities for future career;
- Holiday allowance will be provided (Depending on the school);
- Paid Vietnamese Public holidays.
- Assistance from school staff with transportation if necessary
Our support for professional teachers
Teaching responsibilities and accommodation may vary between locations. Teachers will work in either public or private schools, with students ranging in age from kindergarteners to high school and college students.
Schools provide teachers with a fully furnished private apartment and (depending on the school) free meals during the workdays. Teachers are typically scheduled for 25-30 working hours per week (in private schools, these hours are during afternoons and evenings), with a monthly salary starting from $1,000 going up to $1,500. Teachers have day off during weekends and public holidays, which gives a lot of free time to explore Vietnam.
Feel free to Contact Us for more details about teaching responsibilities and accommodation.