Through the Teach for Change program, we invite you to teach English to children in Vietnam as a volunteer.
About our volunteer teaching program
Teach for Change works to bring quality, accessible English education to children in urban and rural areas; we operate by partnering with public schools and English centers in multiple provinces and sending volunteers to where they will be most suited. The program is a good opportunity for those who would like to gain international volunteering and traveling experience in Vietnam, and is suitable for people of all ages!
- Must be between 17 and 60 years old
- Must have a good command of English, both oral and written
- Must not have been convicted for a crime
- Must have no actual record of contagious or serious diseases
- Must be able to volunteer for at least three months (shorter period possible in consultation)
- Teach English at schools and English centers (provincial locations)
- Teach English for local children and/or children of the host family (Hanoi/HCMC locations)
- Encourage the children in independent and social behavior
- Foster a teaching environment of creativity and cultural exchange
- Obey and respect the rules of the host family or volunteer house
- Keep your own room clean
- Free room and board with a Vietnamese host family or within a TFC volunteer house
- 1-2 days off every week
- 24/7 support from C4C and our partners in Vietnam after your arrival
Our support for volunteers
Volunteer responsibilities and accommodation will vary between locations. Depending on the location, volunteers may stay with a host family, in a house with fellow volunteers, or in a private apartment, and may teach in public schools, English centers, and/or lead private lessons.
In all locations, accommodation is provided for free, in exchange for volunteers’ commitment to teaching English. Volunteers are supported by their host family and/or Vietnamese staff; typically, host families and staff will prepare meals and help volunteers with transportation wherever necessary. It is recommended that volunteers bring their own spending money, but they will not have any required expenses.
Applications for Volunteer English Teaching are accepted based on our need at the time; we will work with you to place you in the location where you are most needed. For more information about available accommodation and the teaching responsibilities in each location, download the guidebook.
When volunteering with us, you can expect to
- Make a life changing opportunity for the kid that you teach;
- Take part in a humanitarian action to help single mothers in Vietnam;
- Work in a dynamic team;
- Meet young people from all over the world;
- Learn and exchange information from different countries, cultures, backgrounds
- Have a lot of fun!
HOW TO APPLY
✓ Application form
Please fill in the application form and attach a digital headshot photo and scan of the first page of your passport.
✓ Prepare yourself for the Interview
We will get in touch with you and make an appointment for the skype- interview.
✓ Send us required documents
In case your Skype interview was successful, we will send you a list with documents to prepare.
✓ Wait for a match
Once Coins for Change received the requested documents from you, we will match you with an appropriate school and the location in our Network. You will be asked to book a cheapest flight ticket to Vietnam and send it to our program manager.
✓ Wait for a working visa
After receiving your flight information, we, together with the school will apply for a working visa on your behalf at the Immigration office in Vietnam. Normally the process takes around 2-3 weeks. We will send the invitation letter for working visa by email.
✓ Get Visa on arrival
After you receive your visa to go to Vietnam, our staff will get in touch with you for departure information, as on the border your documents will be checked.
✓ After arrival
Our coordinator will pick you up at the closest international airport. Accommodation will be provided when you arrive. In this time you can take a rest and recover from your journey. When you’re fully rested you can visit our coordinator who will take you to the school that you will be teaching at.
✓ Further support!
Our coordinator will help you with getting Vietnamese sim card and finding your way around in the first couple of days.
✓ Stay in touch
It’s important to stay in touch with C4C during your Vietnamese adventure. Keep us updated, so if necessary we can help you out and of course we like to hear your stories!