No 25 Alley 18/163 An Duong Vuong, Tay Ho, Hanoi, Vietnam

Applying for a DN visa?


  • What is a DN-type visa?

The purpose of a DN-type visa is visiting Vietnam for employment or commercial performances.


  • What is the difference between a DN-type visa and a working permit?

C4C will apply for your DN visa before your arrival and send the invitation letter to you by the email. You should print it out and bring it with you to Vietnam. On arrival at the Vietnam airport, you will get the visa. The cost for the visa is normally 25$ (depending on your nationality).

C4C applies for your working permit together with your employer in Vietnam. The school pays for it. After you receive the working permit, we will instruct you on how to apply for the residence card, which will enable you to stay up to 2 months without having to apply for any other visa.


  • What is the process from my application till receiving the Work permit?

Filling in the application form > Interview with C4C > Sending the necessary documents for matching > Waiting for a match > Preparing the documents for the DN visa > Receiving DN visa invitation > Flying to Vietnam with all the ORIGINAL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS > Getting visa stamp at VN airport > Bringing all your documents to your embassy in Vietnam – for notarization > Bring all notarization documents to Vietnam’s immigration office for a stamp > Translating all the documents into Vietnamese > Bringing all notarization and translation documents to Department of International Labour > Get the Work permit and start working. C4C will work with you and pay for all expense except notarization fee at your embassy.

For Volunteers only DN visa is needed to work in Vietnam for a short time.


  • How far in advance should I submit my visa application?

You are advised to apply for visa one month before your planned arrival (not earlier than three months).


  • Is an appointment at my embassy and VN immigration office required (to submit the application)?

To ensure a smooth operation and smooth out the flow of applicants over the working day, we strongly reccomend you to make an appointment with your embassy in advance to notarizing your documents.

Before you visit your embassy and VN immigration office, our staff will send you some important information for help you to apply for a VN work permit.


  • Is it permitted for someone else to submit my application for work permit on my behalf?

Generally speaking, you should submit your application in person and collect your passport with an issued Visa. If circumstances prevent you from doing so (e.g. Illness), you may entrust someone else to do it for you (no need to provide a power of attorney) providing that you have prepared all the documents required and signed the application form.


  • What shall I do if I find out that the visa issued on my passport is wrong?

If you find any mistakes or errors on your Visa after you have left the Visa Centre, please contact them immediately and follow the instructions given to you.


  • For how long should my passport still be valid if I’m applying for a DN-type visa for Vietnam?

Your passport should be valid for at least six months. However, based on our experience we would advise for your passport to be valid for at least a year.


  • Can I extend the duration of stay of my visa in Vietnam?

You may apply for an extension of the “duration of stay” of your Visa at a local public security authority before it expires, but without an assumption that the application will be automatically approved. Overstaying violates the laws of Vietnam and you will be punished. Please discuss with your coordinator if you want to extend your stay. Staff will help with these procedure.




Translate »